Sunday, June 29, 2008

9th Day

6/29/08
We started out our day by having a phone call from Oscar while he was sitting on the plane heading back to the States!! We are so excited to see him tomorrow! The boys all want to make a banner and brownies to celebrate. I told him we could after church.

What a HOT HOT day!! We got home from church ready to make our banner and brownies, when I noticed the house didn't feel as cool as it should. When I went out to the garage I noticed the furnace making a weird whistling noise. I checked the thermastat and it was reading high where it shouldn't be. So I went outside and took the filter out, sure enough it was filthy! I knew I should have bought new filters last time I was at the store. I called Kip Dribnak (our great home teacher and awesome friend) to see if he could help and he brought Neil Adams (another great friend) over to have a look see. They turned off the breaker to the furnace and then back on, but the airflow in the house was still very little. They finally found where the whistling was coming from and one of the copper pipes had ice on it and the other one was hot. So they called Todd Deason (I couldn't believe I forgot about Todd being an HVAC guy) but he wasn't available so Neil told me he would have Todd call me when he got back with him.

After Kip and Neil left I broke out the icy machine, the boys all cheered. We started to decorate the banner and soon had to stop because everyone was arguing about everything. I knew they were hungry and hot and miserable. Soon after Todd called and told me I was going to have to turn off the airconditioner and turn on the fan and leave it that way for a couple of hours. So I did as he said and then called April Dittrich (one of my great friends and 5am workout buddy) who had invited us earlier over for hotdogs. She said she hadn't put the hotdogs on yet and to come over. I'm so glad we did. The boys got to play and run which helped take away the hostility we were having towards each other. I got to visit with April and Shane and Amy (another great friend and 5am workout buddy) and Rodney Ashby. We laughed a lot and enjoyed watching the kids have fun. Even some of the adults joined in. The best part was watching April brace herself inside this big black tube and then roll down the hill. (I'll have pictures of this soon). The sun decided to go behind some clouds and the wind picked up a little. Thanks April for the invite it was definetly a life saver today.

When we got home the house was muggy and hot. I quickly checked the air flow which seemed to be improving. I went out to find the box fans and put one in each of the boys rooms. They are loud but it helps the room feel cooler and they were able to calm down to go to sleep. I put the airconditioner on and it seems okay so far. I can feel cold air and my anger is slipping away. I am so thankful and blessed to be in a ward with so many caring friends and neighbors who are willing to help, better yet to serve each other. Thanks Shane for a great lesson today in church, I was able to witness service in action today.

Only 17 more hours and we'll get to hug and kiss and scream hurray when daddy gets home!!

0 comments: