Sunday, June 8, 2008

Taxidermy Show

We all went together into Boise this weekend to see some taxidermy mounts. A local taxidermist that Oscar uses, Preston Evans, entered one of Oscars mounts he did for him into the competition. Here are my boys beside daddy's mount.




It won 2nd place in its division. Blue ribbon is 1st place, red is for 2nd place, and white is for third. There were so many ribbons I couldn't figure out why. Later I was told that they give out 3 blue ribbons in each category, but I didn't understand the categories either. I was just glad Oscar got to see his mount in a competition and it placed. All these birds are from Alaska and two more will still be added before the mount is completly finished. Preston did a very good job making it look realistic. The picture really doesn't do it justice, Preston is an artist.


0 comments: