Saturday, June 28, 2008

8th Day

6/28/08

Today was Cub Scout Day Camp. I took Zachary over to the Amity Building for a morning of fun, while I took Oscar, and Parker to their swimming lessons. It was a make up day since next Friday is the 4th and we wont have swimming lessons that day. It was called the Safety day because they went over safety procedures when you visit the swimming pool.


Here are some pictures Oscar was snapping in the car on the way home.





Afterwards I went over to help out at day camp. The boys had fun and did some really great things. They learned about first aid, tied knots, did athletic activities, made a rocket, learned about different rocks, learned about space, and participated in an archery shoot. Some of my favorites were the rocks and the archery. The lady who taught the boys about rocks showed us a rock she had from Afghanistan that had emeral crystals in it, LOVED IT. She also had Amethysts which is a very pretty purple I can't remember which foreign country it came from. She also had a rock with Jade, very pretty. At the archery shoot all the boys got to shoot twice, once at the turkey and once at the deer. Afterwards the leaders got a go at it and I was very proud of myself that I hit the target. I had to make the disclaimer that I wasn't my husband so not to expect too much. I loved the necklaces the boys made at the Astronomy station with Amy Baumgartner and Erin Buckley. It was a model of the planets all in order. I wasn't there when they made them but the finished product was good.

Later on at home I finally broke down the crib and took the change table out of Parker and Mason's room. Their room seems so big now. I had to take the monitor out of the room too after Mason tried to shock himself to death. He was playing with it turning it off and on. He then decided to take the wire out of the monitor and put it on his tongue. YEP it shocked him. So I just unplugged it and took it out so I wont have that episode again or maybe worse.

All the boys went over to play next door with the Stewart boys. They played capture the flag the whole time. When I went to get them, all their little faces were bright red. I can't believe how hot it is outside and tomorrow is suppose to be worse! Good grief what happened to the mild 80's weather?

This afternoon I heard from Oscar and I got to talk to him a whole 6 minutes! He sounds tired. He said he has had lots of fun and was packing because they were leaving in the morning to start the journey home. At 4:00 am their time he is getting up with his friend Jason Kotter to go hunt for a couple of hours for a Zebra. They have to be at the main camp by 8:00 to get on a bus to head back to the airport to start the long journey home. Hip Hip Hurray!! We're so excited to see him. We had to laugh because we still have two more days before we can see him, but to him it seems like only one. :) We can't wait.

1 comments:

Amy said...

You have been a busy lil blogger lady! Fun, fun life happenings at your house. I enjoyed reading. Hope Oscar had a great trip and hope your neck stays in place.