Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

6/15/08
Happy Fathers Day!!! Hope your day was great sharing it with your fathers!!

This morning we let Daddy sleep in as long as he wanted, but he was rudely awakened more than once. The first time was Mason climbing into bed, while mommy was in the shower, saying very loudly "Daddy time to wake up"! Thankfully Lil O heard him and rescued dad! Thanks Lil O. Then I came out of the bathroom and then all of a sudden started screaming!! While I was getting ready I had opened our bathroom door to cool off our bathroom, it gets very hot in the summer. While the door was open a wasp flew in (I really don't like these things, read on about Mason). I thought I was being very cool about it and tried to go out of the room to get the fly swatter. When I came out and shut the door I heard the buzzing, I hurried to shut the door but the wasp came out with me. This is when I screamed. I went running to the kitchen to get the fly swater and realized it had fallen behind the fridge. I now feel helpless and Oscar has shot out of bed. The wasp was crawling on the door, so he opens the door to make it go back in the bathroom, it falls for it. Meanwhile Lil O hears my scream and I send him to the garage to get a rolled up newspaper. Oscar goes into the bathroom and doesn't find it so it must have flown back outside. Thank goodness!!

So now that Daddy is awake we fix him some breakfast, fruit and breakfast burritos! After breakfast I glance at the clock and realize it is 10:30 and nobody is ready for church. I told the boys to hurry so we could give dad his presents before we left for church. Well we didn't make it so we all gave him kisses and told him we would give him his presents after church. We came home and gave him a lei of candy the ward had made for all the dads, and Mason gave him the neckalace he made in nursery that says "#1 Dad". We then give daddy his cards, one from the kids and one from me. The boys loved the card they picked out for him, it was all about farting! Good grief. It was a poem card and they wanted me to put the poem here for all to read so here we go:




"A Father's Day Poem for You All About Farts

A fart can be quiet,
a fart can be loud,
Some leave a powerful.
poisonous cloud.

A fart can be short,
or a fart can be long,
some farts have been known
to sound just like a song.

A fart might not smell,
while others are vile,
a fart may pass quickly,
or linger awhile.

A fart can create
a most-curious medley,
A fart can be harmless,
or silent, but deadly.

A fart can occur
in a number of places,
And leave everyone
with strange looks
on their faces.

With all this in mind,
here's a card just to say....
Sure hope that you're having a great Farter's Day!"

Ooops...make that FATHERS's Day."

Everyone was in tears by the time the card had been read. All I can say is that it made Daddy happy and that the card didn't make the sound effects in the store. The card was the only one left and was suppose to make noise when you open it, however it was broken. But Oscar didn't leave that alone and opened up the card to fix it. Yes it now works and is opened ALL the time!!





We also gave daddy his all time favorite movie "Nacho Libre" This movie is always quoted in some form at the dinner table and they would always have to borrow it to watch it, so I thought it was the perfect fit! We love you daddy and hope you had a great day!



My dad in Pocatello, Rodney Bullock, celebrated with most of his children surrounding him and one of them (me) celebrating over the phone. I hope you had a great time with the ribs mom made for you.

We were fortunate enough to have Oscar's dad Oscar Sr. here on vacation from the Marshall Islands to celebrate with him. We invited Oscar Sr. and Leonie over for a BBQ. Oscar Sr. taught Oscar about some more features his camera can do, and we were entertained with jokes from the boys while we ate. Afterwards Zachary challenged Moose Grandpa (Oscar Sr.) to a race. I'm sure I heard Zachary say "You're gonna stink old man" Honestly where do they come up with these things?!





Grandpa easily won! Lil O, Parker and Mason were all smiles, but Zachary got bumped in the mouth with Lil O's elbow so he needed some comfort for a few mintues. :) Afterwards we played a game of Volleyball. The teams were Grandpa and Lil O - 'The Oscar's', and Zachary with Mom (later joined by daddy). We decided to play until 6 after a lot of practice and then have some ice cream, the end score ended up 8-6, 'The Oscar's' won the game. After dessert Mason wanted grandpa to read Blues Clues to him (note to self take a picture next time, it was so cute). Happy Father's Day Moose Grandpa. :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

HAHAHA! That card is so funny and perfect for Oscar! Happy Father's day!

Esther Ogden said...

Wow! What a great entry! I am glad you had such a special day...and how amazing that big Oscar could fix a musical card...who else would fix something to hear farts?! =)

Wendy said...

That card is hilarious. I'll have to make sure Brian reads this. He'll be rolling on the floor from laughter.