Wednesday, June 25, 2008

4th & 5th Days

6/24/08
Today was our second day of swimming lessons, and by the end Parker was shaking with cold again. He said he was not coming back because he didn't like being cold. I reassured him tomorrow would be warmer. Oscar and Zachary are loving their classes and seem to be doing very well.

After swimming lessons I went to help clean a friends home with some other ladies. She was out of town with her family, they just lost a loved one in their family. We wanted to help her in some way so we decided to help her tidy up her house so maybe she wouldn't feel overwhelmed when she got back. I had left during Mason's nap time and had to get back before he woke up. I'm glad I did because as I was walking in the door Oscar was calling from Africa!! WooooHoooo!!! I was so happy to have my 2 minute rushed conversation with him to know that he was alright. He said he got a spring buck, a blaze buck, and a heartabeast. He also said he was having fun, staying safe, but was having a hard time sleeping longer than 4 in the morning. He hopes to be able to post some pictures by Thursday when they get to a camp that has internet access. Boy do we miss him.

Later this same evening I was going with a bunch of girlfriends to celebrate one of my good friends Judie Sedrick's 40th Birthday. She doesn't look a day over 30! We all went to the Idaho Shakespeare Theatre, had a picnic on the grass, and watched 'The Crucible'. I had never heard of the play, but that's not surprising since I have come to realize I wasn't that cultured growing up. I read a brief summary of the play before we got there so I knew a little of what to expect. The actors were brillant, although I don't think I cared much for the ending. I found myself talking to the actors just like I talk to the movie screen during movies. If Oscar was with me he would have been shussing me all night. As it was I was talking in whispers to my other good friend Jessica about the play. I was so glad she felt the same way I did. I did however fall in love with the atomsphere and decided that is where I want to go to celebrate my 14th wedding aniversary this July, Oscar doesn't know yet. *wink* It was a fun night visiting, eating, watching the play, eating, and visiting some more! Happy birthday Judie and thanks Leonie (my dear sweet mother-in-law) for watching my boys for so long, you're the best.

6/25/08
Today was more swimming lessons and then home to hang out and read. Parker threatened again that he wasn't coming back because he was cold. I sure hope tomorrow is warmer!!! I was feeling lazy today and didn't do much. I read a lot of the day and finished "The Thirteenth Tale", by Diane Sutterfield. Good book that kept me wondering and guessing til the very end.

The boys split their time between playing the computer, reading, playing more computer, getting 'fresh air' outside, playing more computer, and oh watching TV. Some days you just have to let them have fun!

We love you daddy and miss you. 5 days left! We're halfway there. :)

0 comments: