Tuesday, July 1, 2008

10th Day - Last One

6/30/08

Daddy is coming home today!!

I woke up in the middle of the night FREEZING, so I knew our air conditioner was working again. Thanks Todd! We got up this morning and went to swimming lessons. At 9:30 it was already HOT and miserable. I kept moving from shade spot to shade spot watching the boys swim. Afterwards we went to go to 'Monday's in the Park' but nobody was there so we decided to go pick up an air filter. While we were there we also picked up a couple more flavors for snow cones.

Snow Cone anyone? We now have a total of 13 flavors: Cherry vanialla, strawberry daiquiri, blue raspberry, cherry, grape, rootbeer, sour green apple, cotton candy, tangerine, pineapple, lime, watermelon, and island ice. Very YUMMY.



We got home and made brownies for daddy, and started counting down the hours for him to come home. He called us from the Denver airport and asked how the air conditioner was. I was surprised he knew about it. He said while he was waiting in the airport he read the blog! I asked him what he ended up getting but all he would tell me was he got 6 animals but he wouldn't tell me what they were. He wanted to wait until he got home to tell me. Code for I did something that is going to make you mad and I want you to be happy when I walk in the door! GREAT just what did he get an Elephant?!!!! We'll have to see later.

Daddy got home a little before 3:00 this afternoon. Thank you Moose Grandpa (Grandpa Williamson) for picking him up, Mason was sleeping during this time. We all decided at the last minute to hid from him when he walked in the door, so we scattered. One by one he found us, I was the last. He was distracted from the phone ringing and as he went to answer it I jumped out at him. If I was stronger I would have been able to tackle him, but instead he just caught me and started laughing!! The phone was forgotten. We were so happy to see him. We all sat down and started listening to all the fun stories he had to share. (That will be a different story, maybe tomorrow) He said he took 1800 pictures and his friend was burning them to a DVD, so he didn't have any pictures to show us yet.

We decided to go out for dinner, Sizzler, his favorite and the kids had free meal coupons from the library. On the way he got his DVD's which turned out to be 3, and 2000 pictures, a lot to go through. By the time daddy was finished eating I could see his eyes drooping and his leg start shaking trying to keep himself awake. We tried to get him to tell us some stories but it wasn't really working. I drove home and we were talking about the funny movie we had just watched the Pink Panther. We thought he would stay awake to watch, BUT he was OUT at 7:30 on the couch! It was so funny to try and have a conversation with him, he didn't make any sense at all. So I made him get up at 9:00 and put him to bed.

We are so happy he is home!!!

1 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

What an awesome entry! I love how you jumped out at him! Hope he had a great time and glad your air conditioner is working again!