Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snake River Stampede

7/15/08
For the last several years we have been going to the Snake River Stampede on family night, Tuesday. The boys receive free tickets in as a reward for doing their summer reading. The public libray has a program every summer for kids to keep reading and they reward them accordingly with help from different vendors here in the Treasure Valley. My boys love it and look forward to the Rodeo each year. My favorite is the barrel racing, but you could say I'm impartial since that's what my mom did back in the day. :)

The gang :)





Buddies





This is Parker he had such a cute smile but it's hard to see darnit.



Mason was lovin on Shane and April, he also thought it was a perk to have some popcorn. *wink* Thanks Shane.





Here is a clown act. Hard to see but they transformed a golf cart into a mock ambulance and has some fun at the patients expense. It was really funny.





Hey did I sit in something?!!





This one the truck actually has horns mounted to it. The rider amazingly had only one arm and held a whip in the other and was still able to stay on the horse. Then of course he chased some 'wild buffalo' onto the top of this truck. It was pretty entertaining, all the boys were glued!!







Rebecca and I both screamed when the bull riders came out! I have decided that Rodeo was invented by a bunch of bored teenage cowboys who wanted to prove their manhood!! We left just a the last bull rider was coming out, Mason had to go to the bathroom again! It's was okay though. We didn't get caught in traffic! Bonus. :)

1 comments:

bledsoeblog said...

I had such a great time sitting next to you. I am so glad I could scream, knowing you understood me!

Happy Anniversary. I loved your walk down memory lane. LOVED IT!