Monday, July 7, 2008

Campout

7/5/08
So tonight we finally set up the tents in the backyard and had our campout! All the boys were very excited. I think Mason was having the most fun crawling in and out of the sleeping bags.



We played 'Mexican Horse Shoes' and the older boys stayed up to have smores!! Since we don't have a fire pit they had to settle for the ones made in the microwave. They were very yummy but very messy.





Victory Kiss!!! As my boys would say Ewwwww!



I insisted on sleeping on an air mattress, but I still had a hard time sleeping I tossed and turned all night. The wind blew all night and I always woke up when one of the boys would move, stretch, or even breath funny. I woke up in the morning to planes flying overhead and Mason jumping on me. Yep they were up with the sun.

Here are some funny pictures the next morning.











What a fun time. We all laughed and enjoyed one another for at least a little while. I however had to take a nap after church. I thought I would sleep for about 30 minutes, I woke up 2 hours later!

1 comments:

Teresa said...

I remember when we used to do this in our own backyard. But it was just you and me girl. We didn't have mom and dad out there "roughing" it with us. Oh how times have changed. I wouldn't dare sleep outside now! There is no way to lock a tent!