Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

8/25/08

Today I started the process of canning some of the yummy veggies from our garden. Mason of course insisted that he help, so I let him. He had to have an apron just like mommy too. We started with the green beans.




I showed him how to wash them off, and brake them in half. I was having a hard time keeping up with him, I had to brake the tips off first before he broke them in half.



He loved it so much he wanted to help with the tomotoes and the carrotts too.



I drew the line at the peppers and onions for the salsa though, it was rough enough for me. I would stand at the sink with my eyes BURNING while chopping onions, and then I was coughing so much from the jalepenos it was very distressing. At the end of the morning we had green beans and salsa canned our first of many batches to come.

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Love it, Love it, Lovei it! You have your little buddy to help with all of your projects. How fun!