Thursday, May 22, 2008

OUCH

Well it was bound to happen, Oscar broke a bone.

Oscar plays basketball weekly on Tuesday nights over at the church with his buddies. He usually comes home with some kind of minor injury and most of the time they are self inflicted. His major injury (so far) was a twisted ankle awhile back. I didn't think anything was wrong after this week's gathering, until Wednesday afternoon. I was talking to Oscar on the phone and he says "By the way I just wanted you to know I broke my finger"! What in the world? He kept trying to sugarcoat it, but I made him tell me what happened. He said he was stupid. He went up for a shot at the basket and missed, so he punched the floor. Yah what genius I know, must be a man thing.

He waited until the next morning to get it looked at, another man thing. He had an x-ray done and sure enough it was his hand that was broken, just behind the last joint in his pinky. So he needs a cast.

Here is what his hand looked like before the cast.



Kip is one of Oscar's best friends and thankfully he was able to put a cast on Oscar. Here he is during the process.



Kip told him it was going to be a pink cast, which Oscar was okay with (would have been a great conversation starter), but it was orange. He chose orange because he will be going hunting to South Africa in 4 1/2 weeks. The cast stays on for 6 weeks. It is on his right hand, his trigger hand, so I'm not sure how that is going to turn out?



Here they are BFF's (Best Friend Forever) hehehehe J/K. Here are the two buddies!



Thanks Kip and X-ray friend.

4 comments:

JD said...

I still think they should have done a pink cast. That would have been funny!

Wendy said...

I've decided I'm glad that Brian is not into athletics. Those guys that play basketball always seem to be hurting themselves. Should be an interesting hunting trip!

Amy said...

Yeeeouch! I hope that cast doesn't attract the lions:) Tell lil O great work on his reading and congrats to Parker for completing preschool, (I was astounded last night while looking for a grad card that there were grad cards for preschoolers and kindergartners) Great season to both Zach and Oscar. I like Zachs uniform.

Sara said...

Owee! And why exactly does Kip have a stethoscope? Was he trying to listen to the bones like, "Yep, they sound broken to me..." He he.