Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. I know I appreciate and love my mother dearly!! Thanks mom for all you do, wish you were closer. To my wonderful younger sister, a Big Big Happy Mother's Day to you to! You are such a strong women and a great mother, your children absolutely adore you. You do very well with them even if you think you don't. Just remember that all of us go through the same things. Same stuff different family. :)

Today I got to sleep in, take a long shower, and I got to choose my favorite cereal for breakfast! During breakfast my boys gave me their presents they had made me. I don't know about you, but I love these thoughtful gifts. Lil O gave me a flower made out of tissue paper and a black and brown weaved flower holder. He also wrote me a card with this poem (he had help from Daddy, Zachary and Parker):
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Please flush the toilet,
After you poo.
Love,
Your Funny Son

All I could do was smile and shake my head. Yes all the boys were laughing hysterically. Love you too boys!! That's my boys. :) Zachary gave me a framed picture of himself with pressed flowers around the border, it was great. He gave me a sweet card that said "I Love You Mom" Parker was grinning from ear to ear when I got to his present. He had made a small picture frame out of small jigsaw puzzle pieces with a magnet on the back. I loved it! Now I have to take a picture of my boys to put in it.

Oscar sweetly told me he had tried to get me a mother's day gift but all the ideas he had sounded corny to him so he didn't get anything. He knew I wanted some flowers to plant outside by the trees, but he couldn't find any he liked. He told me we could go together on Monday and pick out the ones I liked. He also had to add that he contributed to breakfast that morning by making the money that paid for the food. hehehehehe He is always making jokes! :)

Oscar was also wonderful this morning. He helped me get Parker and Mason ready so I wasn't so stressed to get to church on time. So here is kind of a corny picture of me trying to get in the truck to go to church.


At church the primary children sang "Mother I Love You" during sacrament. I LOVED it!!! Parker was so excited to sing he kept asking me "Is it time to sing now?" He wanted to stand where he could see me too. So when it was time to go up, Parker walks up with Lil O and Zachary. He was trying to find a place right in right and not making much progress, when along comes Sister Tripple and takes his hand and pulls him up to the front. There is his big beautiful proud beaming grin again. I just about cried I was so happy! He sang the best he could and never stopped smiling. I had to laugh though because Zachary was trying to hide behind the other kids, and Oscar had the look on his face like he didn't want to forget the words. But whenever I could make eye contact with them, they would smile back. They all did a great job, and made me feel very loved. Later in Relief Society we were served by the Bishopric with cheesecake, YUMMY!!! And after church was done Oscar and Zachary gave me another sweet gift, they are plaques that say "LAUGH OFTEN".

After church we went over to my mother-in-laws house for dinner. It was a great day!! Thanks to Oscar, Oscar (Lil O), Zachary, Parker, and Mason for a great day. Love you all!!

0 comments: