Wednesday, May 7, 2008

He's Growing Up Too Fast

Last night Oscar, Mason, and I went to East Valley Middle School. They were holding an open house for all incoming 6th graders in the fall. Wait a minute!! I'm okay with Oscar being a 6th grader, but MIDDLE SCHOOL, I wasn't ready for that, that means he's growing up (too fast). When I was in 6th grade I was still in Elementary and was on top of the food chain, I didn't know what to expect.


I was trying to cope with two different things 1) Oscar is going to a new school, a middle school, where he is one of the younger ones, and 2) I only have 6 more years left with my baby (yes I can still remember him as one). I wasn't ready for this. When they are born and put into your arms for the first time, you never dream they will be leaving you eventually. All of a sudden this is to much a realilty for me. So after I got a hold of myself, I tried to listen to what the principle was saying, and I have to say the staff did a great job. We were able to tour the school, ask any questions, and talk to the teachers. I left there feeling a little better about the school, but I think my anxiety acts are still going to come, especially the older Oscar gets. Some have said (like my mother) it gets easier as each child comes along, I don't think this will be the case for me.


Anyway Oscar is extrememly excited for the fall! He will be able to participate in a gifted and talented class each day, instead of once a week, and he will be able to be in classes the actually teach at the grade level he is learning at. For example if he doing math at an 8th grade level he will be able to be in a class that teaches 8th grade math (still I am nervous, he is excited!) I'm glad he is happy, and I hope it stays that way once he starts in the fall. He is also looking forward to a bigger libray, participating in Cross Country and Track. Good luck Oscar, I know you'll do great!! You'll just have to be patient with your mother. Love you.

1 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

It is amazing how quickly they grow and are all of a sudden where we remember being. Zack will be in 4th grade and that is just blowing me away. I love each little season of their lives though! Your little Oscar is becoming such a handsome and smart young man. With his gifts and parents like you he can conquer the world! =)