Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Corn Maze

10/6/08

One of the traditions we have in our family is going through a corn maze about this time of year. So tonight we decided to go out, have some fun, and not get lost. When we got there they gave us a map and good thing because the one I printed out was kinda blurry and hard to read.







The maze was in the shape McCain and Obama's heads with the words Left or Right, nice little play on words there. It looked like it was going to be a lot of fun, and then.........we walked around the first corner of the maze. Zachary was in the lead and almost biffed it. He came around the corner fast and discovered a LOT of mud!! I guess the field had not dried up from the downpours we got on Saturday.

Here is Mason covered in it. Of course he would find the puddles and jump in them. Parker fell down once and was NOT happy. I tried holding their hands but I almost fell myself so Daddy had to hold both Mason and Parker. I was left to myself holding my pants up a little and hugging the corn line trying to avoid going down. I tell you I had a couple of close calls and I even screamed once, how embarrassing.





So it was pretty slow going but both Oscar's had maps and did an excellent job of guiding us through. The boys all had fun, we all had to put our muddy shoes in the back of daddy's pickup and Mason's pants! My advice though..... wait a good week after it rains to go through a corn maze. *wink*

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Boys will be boys...If there is mud expect them to be all over in it. Right sis :-)