Sunday, October 19, 2008

BEST GOOD NEWS EVER!!!!

10/19/08

I have waited to hear these words for over 10 years now.

"Vicki, I've decided to get baptised"

Tonight I get to tell everyone I know that I have finally heard them!! I feel like shouting for joy, laughing so hard I cry, and then start crying, but wait I have done all of these things. All the boys were excited in their own ways. Lil O's mouth dropped open, Zachary screamed and tossed his shirt in the air, Parker smiled and acted like he knew all along, and Mason was just happy because everyone else was. They even started their own little song/chant "My dad is getting baptised" as they ran around the furniture and around the house. We are very very happy in our home today.

I am so happy for Oscar right now it is hard to put words to it. I have felt the spirit so strongly in our home and especially around Oscar for the last few weeks, I will never never never forget it. I can honestly say I have witnessed a Miracle, and it is sweet and I will cherish it always.

This Saturday October 25, 2008 at 4:00 p.m. Oscar will enter the waters of baptism and be confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. From there he will start his awesome journey learning more of his Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who love him and never gave up on him.

There are so many friends and family that have helped Oscar get to this point of his journey, and all I can say is Thank You and you know who you are. I love each and everyone of you.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! That is so awesome! You are making the best decision you could make, Oscar. We are so happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you in your white jumpsuit! :) Words can't say how happy we are for your whole family. See you Saturday. Kip says, "We look forward to the day you get your brand-spankin'-new tharments." *wink*

Sara said...

I don't even know what to say-I'm so happy for your family. We love you guys!!

Teresa said...

Hip hip Hooray! I am so happy for Oscar! I know that he is doing this because it is truly what he wants. He made this very important decision on his own. It may have taken time but at least he is doing it all for the right reasons. I am so excited! I will see you all on Saturday...Well probably Friday. We love you Oscar :-)

Unknown said...

WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you all!

Amy said...

How thrilling and peaceful this is!
It feels like you've just spread a good dose of Christmas Cheer around. What wonderful news. We'll be there. You know I took a picture of Oscar, Zach and Warren at Zach's baptism. It'll be real sweet for you to have a picture of Oscar dressed in white this time. Wow! what a cherrished memory. Thank you for sharing it with us! Love, The Baumgartner's

Nate / Mary said...

We are so Happy for you all!! Congrats!!

Chili Verde Family said...

We will do everything we can to make it up there for this special event O-Man. You have made a great choice and we are really proud of you.

-Brandon

Angie Miller said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had tears of joy at this news. Congratulations to all of you! We asked Mason about it at preschool today. He pointed to his head and said "wet" to describe what was going to happen to his dad. Best news I've heard in a long time!!!

Anonymous said...

I was excited to hear the news. I told Oscar a few years ago at Brandon's house that I had a feeling that he would get baptized someday. Im glad I was right...:) Oscar is a great guy and friend. I couldnt be happier for your family.

Scott

bledsoeblog said...

So, so sweet! I am so excited and in awe at your family. I know Oscar has been going to church for the last several weeks, but to see it with my eyes today gave me the chills! What happiness this has brought all of you! Congratulations!