Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Night With Barrage

Last night Oscar and I went to see the group Barrage. I had heard this was a group of musician's, primarily fiddlers, who were a cross between Stomp and Riverdance, so I had to go see. It was amazing how talented they all were (it shows they've been playing since they were 4 or 5 years old). Their fingers were flying so fast over their instruments while they are jumping, dancing, and singing!!!! I was amazed! Oscar actually said he didn't think it was as dumb as he thought it would be. That's code for he liked it, but he is a big mocho guy and he doesn't want to come right out and say "Yes it was good"! They played bluegrass, jazz, celtic, ukrainian, rock-n-roll, swing, and classical music. My feet were tapping and my hands were clapping to the beat. It was so much fun.

Here are a couple of pictures of the group. I got these off their website, we weren't allowed in with our own cameras. Even though I didn't take the pictures, they did do these things.

.

.
It was a great night. I'm glad Oscar went with me. *wink*

4 comments:

Angie Miller said...

So jealous - looks like it was so much fun!

Sara said...

Wow, you got some really good pictures of them! I bet that was fun. PS..I tagged you, check my blog. Ha ha.

Sara said...

Oh duh. I now realize that you didn't take those pictures yourself. Don't mind me, I'm just being a ding-dong again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Vicki,
You shouldn't have said you didn't take those pictures. I was really impressed for a minute. I bet that was such a fun performance! I'm jealous, too.