Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Our family tradition for Valentines Day is to have a heart shaped pizza, with red juice, and lots of red and pink heart decorations. We also had the safe food (mac-n-cheese) it was yellow because I wasn't brave enough to put red food coloring in it, plus Parker might not eat it, and if I made macaroni and tomato soup big Oscar wouldn't eat it. We make name cards for our place at the table, this year it was pink hearts attached to a toothpick and stuck into a hershey kiss. I also put the boys valentines from us at the table too.



The day before we made heart shaped sugar cookies for the boys to hand out in school. We had a lot of fun. I put an apron on Parker (wasn't sick yet) and he helped me roll the dough and push down the cookie cutters. He was very proud of his job. Each of the boys got a turn to help, except with Mason we invented stuff for him to do in another area of the kitchen since he was still coughing. By the time we were done Parker had more flour on him than the table. He made me laugh because he kept calling the flour sugar the whole time, no matter how many times we corrected him. I wish I had a picture of him in the apron, but I was covered in flour and cookie dough (I got the sticky part of the deal) so I wasn't thinking of picking up the camera. We frosted them white with red sprinkles, and of course they each got to have a sample of their work before they went to bed.

Here are my 'boys' getting ready to chow down.



This year though we didn't do a lot of celebration since half of us were sick, Mason, Parker and Daddy. We ended up going to bed early. Whooo Hoooo we're exciting aren't we.

1 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

Your boys sure look cute in pink! I am glad you are feeling better now!