Friday, September 18, 2009

Two Months With Our Precious Lily

I can't believe Lily is two months old (on the 8th)!! Time flys when you're havin fun *smile* At her checkup she was 11 lbs 3 oz (75%) 23 inches long (75%) and her head measured 15 inches (50%). She's growing like she should, but she still seems tiny to me and she is still my tiniest baby. We still have not figured out who she looks like, but she does have characteristics of each of the boys. She has hair like Oscar did, is long and skinny like Zachary was, sleeps well like Parker always did, and is turning out to have big brown eyes like Mason and Parker have. She has been our easiest baby, and I pray it will continue that way. *smile*

I love to dress her up and try on different outfits to see if they fit or to see how she looks in them. She is usually pretty cooperative when we do this and we take some time to smile at each other and 'talk'. She gives her best smiles and cooing in the mornings, but I can usually coax a smile out of her throughout the day.











She is starting to show interest in the toys I hang above her and absolutely loves being on her tummy! She likes it so much she thinks its rest time and just lays there without practicing her neck and back muscles. *smile* She is a very content little girl and is a great sleeper! Once she goes down for the night she'll sleep a good 5 to 6 hours, she has even gone as much as 9 hours a couple of times. I am sooooo thankful for her sleeping habits, since Mason was always a challenge to get and stay asleep, I know this is a blessing to be thankful for. Daddy discovered that she still loves to be swaddled when she is tired so he has become a pro at putting her to sleep at night! She loves to be cuddled which I LOVE to do too.










Lily loves to be outside, it seems to calm her, so we will sit out on the patio swing and watch the boys run around the yard, or take a walk. I have also discovered that she LOVES having her diaper off (which can be dangerous at times), that seems to calm her as well. All her brothers still argue over who gets to hold her or sit by her in the car. But lately I haven't let them to close since they've had stuffy/runny noses and it makes them a little sad. They cheer right up though when I tell them it will only be for a couple more days.





Each day she seems to get stronger leg muscles. Some times she will practically be standing in my lap, or pushing her way out of her bouncy chair. She wiggles so much she ends up touching the end of her bed by morning and I now I placed her towards the top. I have be vigilant know when she takes naps in her bouncy chair because I have found her like this.





She's a good eater, but for some reason is refusing to take a bottle. I'll admit I didn't start introducing her to it earlier, but I thought she would be okay with it - Wrong!! So if any of you parents have any good tricks, please let me know!!

And that's our Lily *smile*

1 comments:

JD said...

She's a livin' doll!