Monday, September 29, 2008

You Happy Now?

This is a phrase that Mason has said for a very long time. It is very cute, but sometimes you wish he wouldn't say it.

Doesn't he look so innocent?



Now picture this scenerio. You're the mom and you have just discovered that Mason instead of sitting on the toilet is off and has shoved an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper into the toilet. So you are trying to clean him up and the mess without gagging, and remembering this is not the first time he has done this. You are not happy you are fumming!! Then you feel someone tapping your arm and hear this "You Happy Now?" you look down and there is that innocent face! He says it all chipper too. At first it was funny and you can't help but smile, but after the 100th time it's not quite as cute. Then of course if you do not say 'Yes, I'm happy now' he will continue to ask you repeatedly like a broken record. The answer 'No I'm not happy' doesn't cut it.


So where am I going with this? Well Mason does not reserve his sweet little question to just me. The other day Zachary was upset about something, I can't remember, but the rest of us are laughing. So Zachary runs into my room and trys to hide under the covers of my bed. He thinks that he is safe and then he hears "You Happy Now?" The rest of us were in the kitchen eating and heard Mason so we all heard Zachary's screaming response "NO". This of course is not the right answer so Mason continues to ask 'You Happy Now?', and by this time Zachary is bawling and screaming 'NO LEAVE ME ALONE' and 'STOP IT'. Apparently he hasn't learned to get him to be quiet he just has to say 'Yes'. This was so funny to the rest of us because we have all had the similar experience, which to us wasn't funny at the time, but funny when you see it happen to someone else. Call me a mean mom but I just had to capture the moment on camera.

Here is the little culprit... (innocent?)




Here is Zachary



screaming and crying.



Zachary we all love you very much and one day you will be laughing, I promise you you will be 'happy now'. :)

1 comments:

Teresa said...

You are such a great story teller...I was laughing hysterical buy the time I saw the pictures of Zachary! It matched the picture I had in my mind of his fit :-) I can imagine Mason's little voice saying this...Cute but I don't think so innocent.