Monday, September 15, 2008

A Week Of Chaos At Home

So the past week we have moved from one mess to another, it's a bit frustrating to me but I'm trying to see the good in all of it. Trying!

It first started with a big backhoe driving across my nice lawn I have been working so hard to save this year and dug a HUGE trench from the house to the shed!!!! I was told it would be filled in a couple of days, but it is still there ugly as ever. And of course all the boys seem to think it is their playground now, even the little soccer players on Parkers team were distracted. We are running sewer and water out to the shop. Then we tried to run the sprinklers, they looked like they were working, UNTIL Oscar went to switch zones. The trench was half full of water so now we have to fix sprinkler lines too!






Then Oscar had a elk mount delivered to the house that he has been waiting for, for about a year now. I told him he could put it in the office, but I didn't realize how HUGE it was. It takes up the whole wall and it stands right at eye level, kinda spooky in the dark. It is a very pretty mount though, with a working waterfall down the rock. Oscar is very proud of this elk he got in Utah, his biggest ever.



But because we had to make room for it in less than an hours time, this is what the other side of the office looks like. Great just one more thing to add to the list of things to do.



And here is my bed. It looks a lot better in the picture than it did a couple of days ago. I've been trying to update and add to our 72 hour kits and trying to not get overwhelmed at the same time. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself, they are not complete but I'm making progress and I'm okay with that.



The garage also needed some help this weekend too. We emptied out our huge water barrels and filled them back up, moved some shelves around, sprayed down some shelves, and swept the dirt out one side of the garage. We almost had to mop the garage floor too because when Oscar went to tip one of the barrels to roll it out of the garage it slipped and the lid popped off. It wasn't funny at the time but watching us both trying to get it out of the garage fast and stop the flow of water was quite comical. It looks much better, but we still have to do the other side!! (hopefully not until all the other messes are cleaned up).

3 comments:

Tendra said...

Hang in there, Vicki. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose bed looks like that sometimes. Usually it's my laundry. Good job with the 72 hour kits. you are my hero.

Teresa said...

You poor thing...You always have these monsterous projects that are being worked on. Do you still have the trench in your back yard? How is the office coming along?

Esther Ogden said...

Wow, you are a good sport! This too shall pass! =)