Monday, August 30, 2010

Education Week 2010

7/28/10 -7/31/10

I was able to go with a great group of girls down to Rexburg Idaho for Education Week this year.  Last year these girls went right after I had Lily.  When they came back they had nothing to say but excellent things, and I planned on going with them this year.  I had an awesome time!!  I felt like I was so spiritual uplifted and I could accomplish anything after listening to these marvelous teachers.  I will be making this annual event I believe.


Here are the classes I took:
Understanding the Principles of Personal Revelation by Ron Bartholomew (loved!)
Who Is the Woman I See in the Mirror? by Carleen Tanner (loved!)
Teaching Children About Sexuality and Chastity by Brad Wilcox (loved!)
Your Family Legal System: Family Laws and Consequences That Work by Saren Eyre Loosli (okay)
Was It a Prompting, or Was It Just Me by Kevin Hinckley (okay)
From Surving to thriving - Personalizing the Lords' Blueprint for Your Home by Angelle Anderson (so so)
Look Up, Reach Out, Hold On by Brent Top (loved!)
Events Leadin Up to the Millennium by Bruce Satterfield (okay)
Six Functions of the Holy Ghost by Bruce Satterfield (okay)
I also attended a devotional where Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke to us.

On the last day Sara brought her camera and we walked around the gardens on campus and took some pictures.  It seems like in most of the pictures I was the one who was always being the dork!  What the Heck?  Anyway here are some of those shots.

laughing...

I love this one of Sara..


We were trying to do our sexy pose, but.......


How'd you like the trick photography? *wink* (Yes I am a dork!)


Here is the house we stayed at in Blackfoot.  Jessica's wonderful Aunt Suzie let us have her basement to sleep in.  She is such a sweet lady, Thanks!  Can you see me in the picture being the dork again? *wink*


This was the last night we spent in Blackfoot.  Tendra is getting ready for the movie.  You can see me holding a lamp and covering my eyes, because I wasn't allowed to look anymore.  You see there was a HUGE spider on the wall any everytime Tendra almost got it I would scream and scare her, so I was assigned this job. hahhaha

Thanks Jessica, Sara, Tendra, and Aunt Suzie!  I had a great time.  Alyce we missed you!

1 comments:

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

So glad you got to go to education week! What fun pics. Would love any input for my "so-so" class to make it better! I do apologize that I altered some of my teaching to accommodate the four young adult men in the class. Why they came I could not figure out. Anyway, I hope the family committee and family council ideas are somehow helpful...