Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping for 4th of July

7/2/2010-7/5/2010

We went camping for the holiday weekend!!  It has been years since we last went so all the boys were really excited to go.  Our good friends Neil and Sara Adams convinced us to go with them to their favorite spot, and I'm so glad they did.  I didn't take any pictures so Sara took a bunch for us, what an AWESOME friend!  Thanks Sara for the pictures and the great weekend.

WARNING, lots of pictures coming your way.

We did alot of eating.....

Mason tried trout caught right from the river and cooked in the fire.  He liked it so much he ate 3/4 of one.


Tried to kiss a frog to see if it would turn into a princess...


Played some games.  when I would play with my boys and was happy with what I did I would do my 'happy dance' and apparently it's embarrassing to my boys.  Oh well that's not stopping me.


Lily seemed to be enjoying herself too.  I was surprised how chilly it was up there, but she was a trooper.


While we were up there we were able to go into McCall for the fireworks.  Lily was in ahh at first and then during the middle of them she fell asleep!!  WOW! 


Made a bridge...

Went on a hike to a fishing spot where there is a beautiful waterfall.  I was a HUGE chicken to cross, but Oscar helped me across.  Lily seemed to enjoy her ride over too.


The return trip daddy hauled us all back across again, and he even got a thank you/love you kiss too. *smile

Just hanging out..

Here are the kids who stared in the production of "Hansel and Gretel, the remix"  *smile*


We had a really great time, even if I was freezing the whole time and grouchy at times too.  I only packed one pair of tennis shoes for my boys, and 3 out of 4 of them fell in the river!!  Zachary slipped in while he was fishing, Parker went face first trying to cast his fishing pole, and Mason slipped in while trying to wash his hands.  All of these made me pretty angry at the time, but now as I look back on it I laugh and shake my head.  I'm glad we went and gained some great memories.

0 comments: