Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Waiting For Lily

7/8/09


We started out this day bright and early! We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 am, but we didn't make it there until about 7:20. I was feeling guilty until I got upstairs to check in and somebody else was late too.



Here is my nurse, Noreen Poole, BEST nurse EVER!!! I was really at ease with her. She was talking to me about epidurals because she wanted me to be prepared if I should change my mind. She went through the whole procedure and told me the pros and cons, and then left it up to me to tell her if I wanted one. (FYI I didn't end up getting one it went really fast)



Me and my sister



The day went by fairly fast, but the labor part was drawn out! I wasn't in pain the whole time it just took forever for the contractions to kick in hard enough to get things going. My doctor wanted it to be at least 8 hours so I would have enough antibotics so the 'pit' was a low dose at first. After awhile the screen was looking like this, my eyes were squeezed shut as I would sing a song in my head to distract me, praying at the same time I was far enough along and wouldn't need an epidural.



Iwas making huge progress but my doctor had an emergency he had to deal with and he had the nurses take me off the 'pit', so things slowed down a bit. Within a half hour he was back and I was on 'pit' again humming my song, and Lily was born within 5 minutes of my doctor walking back into the room!! 8:12 p.m.



Hallejuha!!! She's here!! *smile*

0 comments: