Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lunar Eclipse!

12/21/2010

I had been hearing about this for a couple of weeks and really wanted to witness such an amazing event.  It's a good thing OTown remembered that evening at about 11 at night!  We read up on it some and realized the best time to see it would be between 1:00-3:00am!  So we planned to set the alarm clock and get up later to see it.  Before we went to bed though OTown had to test out the camera lense to see if he could get a good picture. 

Before........


During.......


Even though the picture is blurry, we at least got it!  It took us a little bit to find the moon at first.  We went out the front door where we were at 11:30 taking pictures, but couldn't find it, so we went in the back.  It still took us a couple of minutes to find it, I was expecting something bigger I guess.  But once we found it I was content to just look at how orange/red it looked.  OTown was busy trying to get a picture of it, while I kept thinking I wonder if this is what the moon will look like before the 2nd coming??  I was proud of myself not getting all worked up about it, since I knew so many other things had to take place before this amazing event will take place.  OTown and I tried to wake Zachary too, but he was OUT!  I'm glad we were able to share this moment of history together, even if we froze and the rest of the family slept.  Thanks OTown!

0 comments: