Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Eternal Family

September 11, 2010 (A Day Never To Be Forgotten)

ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 13 plus years of praying, wishing, hoping, trusting, having faith, also times of doubting, and not thinking this day would ever come, it finally DID!!  Our family was sealed for Time And All Eternity on Saturday, September 11, 2010, in the Boise Idaho Temple!  Words are hard to come by when describing how I feel inside!  Every time I think back on this day the spirit witnesses to me again that this is real and it was the best choice we made. 

I remember the week leading up to this day and it seemed like I was so busy, and I kept forgetting about things.  I was getting a little frustrated.  I decided to make a list of all the things I needed to get done and one with the things that could wait.  I realized then that Satan was trying to get me so busy I wouldn't be able to focus on our very special day. No way was I gonna let that happen.  I just had to step back and say 'It will all work out', and amazingly it did.

My mother came up from Pocatello to help me with our children and get them to the temple on time. (Thank you so much mom I love you!!)  Oscar and I went earlier because Oscar was taking out his endowments the same day as the sealing.  I remember walking into the temple with my HUSBAND, and the smiling and peace were instantly there.  I was smiling all day, it wouldn't go away.  When I saw Oscar dressed all in white, I thought he looked so handsome!  He was smiling too, he looked very happy, not nervous or scared, but happy!  I even had the matron tell me I was 'glowing', and I know I was on the inside.  I have been waiting for this day for so long, it was so wonderful, it felt so much better than I could possibly have imagined!

During our sealing ceremony the spirit was so strong and I was so happy, I looked up into Oscar's eyes and he still looked so happy.  After that I started crying (happy tears) I tried not to because I wanted to listen to the sealer but I just couldn't hold it in.  When I saw my children come in all in white, I was filled with such strong Love for each of them.  The boys looked so handsome and Lily looked nervous but beautiful, she clung to Lil O and sucked her thumb. *smile*  My boys told me later that the first thing they noticed was all the girls were crying and even Kip, that made me laugh.  I felt a little piece of what heaven/eternity would feel like that day in the temple standing with my family looking into the mirrors.

We were able to go out on the temple grounds and have our pictures taken in our white clothes, I was very excited about that.  My great friend Sara Adams took pictures for us, although I haven't seen them all yet, I know she did a fantastic job!

Afterwards we went back to Nampa to our ward building and had dinner.  April Dittrich got together with our friends and planned the whole thing.  We are so blessed to have so many dear friends who truly care about our family.  I love the ward we are in, I love my friends, and most of all I LOVE my ETERNAL FAMILY!

Thanks to all who helped make this day come to pass and help it to be a day never to be forgotten!

2 comments:

JD said...

The glow you were feeling on the inside showed on the outside. It was so fun to share that day with your family and we are so happy that you're so happy!

P.S. I laughed out loud that the boys noticed Kip crying along with the girls. He was so happy for you guys that it just leaked out...liquid spirit.

Angie Miller said...

I remember our girls' temple trip after you received your endowment a few years ago, and you and I were standing outside the sealing room. You pointed up there and said, "I'm going to be there some day."

You did it! You all did - what a miracle!