Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy 13th Mr. Teenager!!

4/7/10

Oscar officially became a sassy teenager at 4:23 am!! (Okay he has had the sassy part down for about a year now *wink*) Just in case you're wondering what 4:23am looks like, her you go......

I LOVE waking him up that early to sing to him, but it is short lived because I kiss him goodnight afterwards and he rolls over and goes back to sleep!  This year I tried taking a picture in the dark with just a nightlight but it didn't work so we flipped the light on quick to take a picture, hehehehehe

This year he decided to have a movie/video game party.  He invited some friends over for pizza, a movie, and video games.  I made them sit in a circle and each say how they new Oscar since not all the party guests knew each other.

Halfway through the movie they decided to stack pop cans, they got eleven stacked before they fell.

Present time!  Oscar ended up with a BUNCH of candy, $76 in cash, and $40 in gift cards!!  I'd say he's set for a bit *smile*



I LOVED this creative wrapping style...

Oscar wasn't to impressed with part of his Aunt Teresa's gift, but his reaction was PRICELESS!!!  (BTW she gave him a gift card with a package of undies!! hehehehehe)

Cake and ice cream!!  Since his birthday was centered around movies and video games I came up with this idea for his cake, after having a brainstorming session with a great friend.

I was pretty pleased with myself that it actually turned out and I had it done with a whole 7 hours before the party.  Yah for Me!!

Singing 'Happy Birthday'....(is Oscar singing along, or rolling his eyes???)

Makin a wish and blowin the candles....

Afterwards most of them headed out into the dark backyard to play 'Capture the Flag' while waiting for the families to come and get them.  They went through 3 cases of pop and 4 Family size pizzas!!  WOW!  Thank goodness I had my mom here to help me clean up!  Thanks mom LOVE you!!

Happy Birthday Oscar!  We love you and are so proud to have you as part of our family!

0 comments: