Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lily at 6 months

1/13/10

Today Lily had her 6 month check-up. She's 16 lbs 10 oz (60%) gained 3 pounds in two months, 27 inches (90%), and her head is 17" (75%). So she's a growing girl and doing all the right things developmentally.





She has mastered the art of rolling ALL over the floor. I have to make sure there is NOTHING small on the floor when I put her down, or she'll find it and put it in her mouth. The other night she looked like she was chewing on something. We picked her up but couldn't see anything. A few minutes later she looked like she was gagging. Daddy did a finger swipe through her mouth and found a pink Barbie band aid!!! Good grief 1st she tore it off her leg then put it in her mouth!! Yuk!





She loves to eat fruit and cereal, but isn't so sure about the veggies. So far she likes the sweet potatoes, but NOT the squash. Really I can't blame her. *smile* I have also discovered that if she gets frustrated with me she will blow raspberries in my face. It's so hilarious that I laugh and I don't think she likes that. She has already shown signs of tantrums and I'm nervous. When she gets frustrated with Zachary she tries to eat his face off, and with O Town she wipes her slobbery hands all over his face and whines.

She has officially graduated into the crib, no more bassinet, she couldn't move freely in it. She loves to cuddle up in her 'soft' blanky and go to sleep. I love watching her while she is sleeping she is so adorable I want to just kiss her and love her, but I'd wake her up so I don't. We have been practicing sitting up unsupported. She does okay for about 20 seconds, but then she reaches for something and leans over. Toys that she can actually grasp in her hands she likes best. Watching her look at a toy with lights and sounds is so cute. At first she is mesmerized by the lights she'll stick her thumb in her mouth and just watch, then she's smacking away at it to get it to light up.

How'd you get over there Lily? Oh yah you rolled over *smile*



She thinks daddy is a pretty cozy place to take a quick snooze *wink*


Here are the boys having some fun imitating Lily one Sunday after church.









Daddy is trying to teach her how to drink out of a cup, I think she's still a bit young.





Zachary wants her to play football with him..



She's already getting a head start with the electronics *smile*







She is such a joy in our lives. We love her to pieces!

1 comments:

Sara said...

She is so dang cute. You are one lucky lady!