Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

So now I have five birthday cakes to make each year, and I have been seeing so many others do wonders with their cake decorating, I decided I needed to learn how too. So this week I had my very first experience decorating a cake with fondant.

I had the master cake decorator Sara come and show me how. She walked me through how to make the fondant, after showing me how the mixer worked :) Then she showed me how to smooth it, store it, flatten it, color it, and shape it. After that she said 'Now it's all up to you and your imagination' Great! I don't think of myself as having a great imagination, but I reminded myself this is only practice so it doesn't matter. After having a whole night time full of cake decorating dreams this is what I came up with.


Thanks again Sara for all your help. My next birthday to prepare for is in January so I'll have you on speed dial *smile*

0 comments: