Sunday, March 21, 2010

Zachary's Spelling Bee

3/13/10

Zachary was chosen to represent his 4th grade class at the annual Women's Century Club Spelling Bee this year.  He has been practicing the word list (18 pages of  38 words each) they gave him, and was getting very excited and nervous. 

Finally the day had arrived to compete.  He was extra excited because Grandma Bullock was able to see him too.  We weren't allowed to take pictures during the competion, only before and after.  We were all waiting for him to come out, Lily was already antsy and being passed to O-Town, Mom, Dad and Grandma, NOT a good sign.

Here are the before pictures, entering onto the stage.


I think he looks a bit nervous.  Yes that is his nervous face.  Everytime it was his turn I would hold my breath, these kids were given some hard words, there were alot I misspelled!

Here he is during the break.  I look like I'm less than thrilled but really I was just listening and very proud of him so far.  I had to stand up with Lily for most of the competion because she was antsy and loud, she finally fell asleep right before the break.

Here he is getting ready for the next round, thumbs up!

And here he is after finishing. 


 
He placed 9th out of 37 kids. He misspelled 'caress', I'm pretty sure he didn't hear the word right, and the definition they gave him he didn't understand because he spelled it 'corest'. I'd say he looks pretty happy about that, and that he got a bag full of goodies.

Here are the words he spelled correctly: 1) ancestor 2) artery 3) geology 4) perishable 5) assert
 
Congratulations Zachary we are all very proud of you!

0 comments: