Sunday, June 7, 2009

Daddy Takes Lil'O Bear Huntin

5/21/09

Now that Oscar aka Lil'O is 12, daddy has been stoked to take him on his hunting trips. Today they begged enough that I let him go bear baiting/hunting with him. From the looks of the pictures Lil'O was designated photographer, and the rest of them were hamming it up. *wink*

Here are the 'hams' getting the boat ready.



Loading up the boat.





Floating down river, Neil navigating, Oscar rowing. Notice Daddy doesn't have a life jacket on. When I asked if they had a life jacket for Lil O I was told yes, so I let him go. Sneaky daddy didn't elaborate that it would be his own he would give him. I have come to realize I get A LOT of half truths (see Texas trip - coming soon).



Carter is getting ready just in case.



Really I don't think they ever grow up do they? *smile* The got across the river fine, hiked up the hill to drop off the bate, saw the dancing elk but no bears, so they hiked backed down, and crossed the river to come home. They got home LATE, and Lil O had to get up for school the next morning, that was hard for him. We left later that day to drive to Pocatello and Lil O was OUT for the trip (very unusual for him). I know they all had a BLAST though. I heard stories all weekend long. *smile*

0 comments: