Friday, February 13, 2009

Baking With Mommy

2/11/09

I have been CRAVING sugar for months now, but I haven't been able to have much because it would make me sick. But today I decided the heck with it, I was craving cookies and I wanted to bake some. I decided since Valentines Day was coming and I was hosting book club at my house this month I'd make a batch of sugar cookies. YUMMY!!

Of course I HAD to have help, I couldn't possibly do it by myself.



So after having a fit a couple of times because Mason wanted to help so much, I gave him his own dough and flour and let him go. Thank goodness because now I could focus on getting them done. I don't know why I took these pictures (because I'm not as talented as Sara) but I had it out anyway to take some of Mason so I did the cookies too.

Here is the process..... rolling and cutting



baking



cooling...



And frosting!! Tah Dah, lets eat!



I love these cookies, I grew up eating and making them with my mom, they're my favorite. I let the kids have some, set some out for book club, and I still have a bunch! I'm still excited to eat them, I just have to pace myself.

And here is what Mason looked like when we were finished. *smile.


He had more flour on him, than anywhere else, it made me smile.

0 comments: