Sunday, March 8, 2009

All About Zachary

I wanted to capture Zachary at this point in his life too, so here we go.


Zachary is 9 years old and is my 2nd oldest. I would say out of all my boys Zachary acts the most like his dad (as a kid). He has to be the center of attention, is very senistive, and they both look VERY similar at the same age. He can even eat the same amout as his dad, and I am always wondering 'where is it going?'

Zachary

Oscar (Daddy)

Zachary LOVES sports, but his mom just doesn't let him play everything he wants. At school he plays basketball and football and comes home all full of enthusiasm telling me about the game. His clothes can tell a lot of the story too *wink* He is getting ready to start the spring soccer season and is hopeful for a good playing season. It seems like the techniques come naturally to him.


He likes playing with his friends, mostly outside, like capture the flag, or anything that has to do with swords or guns. Lately they have been playing kickball out in the back yard, even when it's cold! He really likes playing the Playstation2 and any computer game he can get his hands on. He enjoys listening to his MP3 player or his CD's and is always asking his dad for updated material. He likes electronics *smile*

Zachary knows how we think he is 'dramatic' about most everything, and I keep telling him he would probably do great in a drama class or acting class. But he just wants to play sports or take gymnastics. The natural ability comes out again as I watch him jump on the trampoline.

He loves his brothers even though arguing occurs at least once a day. He always amazes me when he says "Mom, I can read to Parker and Mason", or "I can lay down with Mason" or "Mom, I'm making Mason happy". Those are moments when I just want to smother him in kisses and hugs. He may complain a bit, but I know he loves it, the smile on his face gives it away. He also loves tickle wars. He taunts me with "I bet you can't catch me", but I usually can, right now it's a bit harder (being pregnant and all).
Zachary does great in school. He is in the high reading group at school and right now is in first place with AR (Accelerated Reader) points at school. I would say his strongest subject in school is Math, with Science a close 2nd. He recently went to a friends birthday party where all they did was science experiements, he could NOT stop talking about it. He came home with a small book so you could try them at home. During parent teacher conferences his teacher had nothing but good to tell me about him, as he sat there with a perma grin on his face. Great Job Zachary. He really enjoys his GT (gifted and talented) class after school once a week. They are learning about Greek Mythology and Culture. He loved it so much it inspired him to read 'The Lighting Thief' by Rick Riordan in record time. I am always hearing what a great example he is to his friends at school and at church, it makes my hear swell with gratitude.

The most memorable thing about Zachary is his smile. He seems to always be smiling, except for the times he is asked to do chores *wink*. He will even smile when I am trying to be serious and correct him (darn him!). We love Zachary and he loves to entertain us, we are so blessed to have him in our family.


1 comments:

Wendy said...

Those were awesome tributes to your boys! Sounds like both of them are busy boys.